- How to frame your print
How to frame your print
How to frame your art print
For maximum impact, when framing your print we recommend you:
- choose a frame with white matt board surrounding the image. That white space between your print and the frame adds to the effect, and it's easier to frame them as you can centre your printed item behind a variety of matt sizes and won't have to trim your print!
- match the frame to the style of print. For example, if your print is classic or modern choose a plain frame; while for vintage-style and retro-style prints a more ornate wooden frame may suit.
Our print sizes
We print on a range of paper sizes, and our image is centred to help with framing.
- A5: 12.5cmx17cm (5"x7") image centred on A5 (14.8cm x 21cm) paper.a
Designs printed on A5 suit frames with an image area of 5"x7".
Will also suit 6"x8" frame without white mount.
- A4: 19cm x 28cm image centred on A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) paper.
Designs printed on A4 suit frames with an image area of 8"x 10" (20cm x25cm) or 8.5" x 11" (21cm x 28cm) or A4 (21cm x 29.7cm). Will also suit A4 frame without white mount.
- A3: 28cm x 38cm image centred on A3 (29.7cm x 42cm) paper.
Designs printed on A3 suit frames with an image area of 11"x 14" (28cm x 34cm) or 12" x 16" (30cm x 40cm) or A3 (29.7cm x 42cm). Will also suit A3 (29.7cm x 42cm) frame without mount.
Matching prints to standard frames
When it comes to framing yoru print, you'll find plenty of great frames at places such as:
1. Your local department, variety or discount store.
5x7, 8x10 , 11x14 and 12 x 16 inch are standard photo sizes and you'll find plenty of frames at reasonable prices to suit. For best results choose a frame with a white matt and make sure the image area matches your print size.
You'll also find A4 and A3 frames in these stores. these may or may not include a white matt.
2. Your IKEA store
These frames come with a white matt. We've included some handy links to popular frames that suit our prints.
For A5 Prints: Ribba Frame (301.795.05) • Sondrum Frame (401.676.01)
For A4 Prints: Ribba Frame (201.927.53) • Virserum Frame (901.676.13)
For A3 Prints: Ribba Frame (601.713.05) • Virserum Frame (801.747.89)
3. Your local framing shop
Visit your local custom framing shop or google 'online framing'.
Adjusting a print to fit a frame
If you find a gorgeous frame that isn't one of our conventional sizes, feel free to contact us to discuss making up a custom sized print to fit.